Blacksmith shoes a horse in Shelby a century ago

Old-Time Orleans, Vol. 1, Issue 11 This photograph taken in June of 1907 shows the interior of Nelson N. King’s Blacksmith Shop located at Shelby Center. A native of Newfane, King started his blacksmithing career in Orleans County working with Maxim “Peter” Pilon at Carlton Station. In July of 1900, Pilon sold his shop and all of the associated tools to King who assumed control of the business shortly after. On June 27, 1903 King married Lillian Ryan at Shelby and started to rent the Bailey Blacksmith Shop at Shelby Center in late October of 1904. Nelson King is bent

Continue readingBlacksmith shoes a horse in Shelby a century ago